Wednesday, August 29, 2012

We're Southern, Y'all!

So, we live in Texas and not just Texas, but east Texas. It's fabulously beautiful, with stunning lake views and trees that seem to go on forever. I have always lived in Texas. I grew up in Dallas, went to college in Lubbock and then moved to Athens soon after. I love Texas. You will often hear me refer to Texas as 'the great state,' and I will be the first to tell you that I don't ever want to leave Texas. Texas is so unique and different from any other place. If you go anywhere outside of Texas, can you recognize the differences? It seems like the men aren't as courteous and the people not as friendly. If you are on Pinterest, you have been seeing a lot of 'e-cards.' These always make me laugh, but some of my all-time favorites are about us Southerners. For example,

{via}

Bless her heart. I probably say that at least once a day without even thinking about it. It's the perfect phrase. I had no idea it was just a Southern expression, but I think that makes me love it more! But the statement below may also be true... 

{via}

So anyway, on to the real focus of this post! ACC will be offering dinner specials on Saturday nights in September based on recipes from Southern Living. Jennifer and I had the pleasure of getting to look through the plethora of annual recipe books we had on hand and pick out the menus for each Saturday night! We had so much fun!! Here is a sneak peek, enjoy!


Apple Spinach Salad
Eye of Round Roast
Roasted Potatoes
Zucchini-Carrot Casserole
Pecan-Carrot Cake with Citrus Cream Cheese Icing

Garden Salad
BBQ Country Style Ribs
Parmesan Potato Wedges
Breaded Tomatoes
Apple Bourbon Pie

Tomato Herb Salad
Spinach and Herb Stuffed Pork
Orange Herb Rice
Dilled Green Beans
Southern Honey Cake

Bacon Monkey Bread 
Orange Slices with Honey Yogurt 
Corn and Squash Fritatta 
Pumpkin Donut Drops  

Spicy White Bean Soup
Bourbon Chicken
Sautéed Apples, Onion, and Pears
Corn Fritters
Sweet Potato Bread Pudding

I know that most of you are cursing my name because it's almost lunch time and you want all these items right now, but you will have to wait!! Make sure to mark your calendars for Saturdays in September here at your ACC! And one more, just for fun...

{via}




Who knows, maybe some of these funnies will end up in our Southern Living decor :)


Hope your day is great!
Emily

 

No comments:

Post a Comment