Friday, August 10, 2012

Featured: McGraw's Plus One

Athens Country Club was just featured on the blog McGraw's Plus One, and we wanted to show you what other people are saying about events at our club! 

It's the back to school season, which means our kids are amping back up to go to school, but more importantly our TEACHERS are diligently working and preparing to receive them. This year I decided to make little gifts for each of the teachers, and when I was delivering them I overheard them discussing how they needed a place to eat lunch the next day. Call it being in the right place at the right time, but I hastily volunteered to host them. A series of things ran through my head at this moment, 'Well, that is a wonderful idea! I'm so glad I was standing right here, at this moment' followed by, 'Oh goodness, what was I thinking?! Where can I host 15 people TOMORROW!?!' Luckily, I am a member of the Athens Country Club. I ran up there and spoke with Jennifer about if it was even possible to host that number with such short notice. She did it. I don't know if she has mystical properties but she made it work, even though tomorrow was a big day at our club, offering the regular scheduled lunch but also adding in a business luncheon for 100. Then on top of that, she added my little luncheon. Miracle worker, whew! Then the cherry on top of all that goodness, she asked me if I would like any special decor and then proceeded to give me several different examples of things she could accomplish in less that 24 hours. I, of course, said absolutely! Here is what the ACC staff was able to come up with less than 24 hours in advance of my sweet, little, luncheon.


A multicolored tissue puff runner snaked down the center of the table.


Thank you table tents, complete with educational quotes from some of the best minds throughout history.


Water and tea were served in beautiful drink dispensers.


Very cute printed food markers in simple, gold frames. We decided on the ACC Signature Salad and quarters of Par 5 Sandwiches for the main entrees. Everything was delicious!




Now on to the really important part, DESSERT! We decided on fresh fruit, with a wonderful fruit dip, and chocolate chip cookies. A little chocolate goes a long way when sitting in trainings all day!


Overall, it was incredible. Jennifer and the whole ACC team did such a wonderful job of attending to every single detail, and, the best part, she completely took over while I was still having a mental panic attack about what I had just taken on. She acted as my personal party planner, and she made me look GOOD! The teachers loved every bit of it and felt so special.

I have to tip my hat to the team at ACC. They did it at short notice, but still did it well. I'm amazed and shocked still that with less than 24 hours notice a group of people, who had lots of other things going on, could execute such a wonderful event and make it look like they'd been planning it for weeks. THANK YOU!!

 We love hearing feedback from our members about how their parties went and we love getting to be there for you when you need us most. Would you like to be a guest poster on 500 Park Drive, and tell us how your party went? We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment