Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Trend Alert: Taking the Cake...

It's no surprise that when you think wedding, shower, or birthday, your mind automatically goes straight to cake. Oh, your's doesn't? Well, maybe it's just me. Anyway, you always know that the cake is going to be the crowning jewel of the party. You know that so much time, effort and thought has gone into planning the perfect cake for the event. However, these days you aren't always sure what form that cake will be in... For example, cupcakes, cake balls, cheesecakes, miniature cakes, you get the picture. But whatever form the cake takes you know you love it! Lately, I have found sooo many cool examples of unique, fun, and nontraditional cakes that I wanted to share with you! You know me, and know how I harp on making each element personal to you, your party, your family, everything should remind people of you.  When people can think back to the party details and relate them to their friendship with you or an experience with you, that's what makes your party memorable. Take a look at some of my favorite cakes right now...

{via}
What a beautiful example of both an elegant way to use cake pops and excellent usage of the ombre effect! This creates such a striking statement on your cake table, as well as a refreshing change from the traditional wedding cake.

{via}
Do all of your friends know that you will love them forever if they bring you a box of a certain candy? Just so you all know, mine is Mike and Ike's Red Rageous. How fun to take a simple, cheap, plastic champagne flute or decorative glass, fill it with your favorite candy (or candies), and top with a color-coordinating cupcake! Again, the personal touches make these details spectacular.

{via}
I love the look of this icing. This style screams luxury and beauty.  Along with this fabulous icing, these cakes are miniature. This party had one of these small cakes per place setting. At first I was thinking to myself, "Oh my goodness, that is huge!" but when you look at the scale based on the dessert fork sticking out of one you realize that these are comparable in size to a larger cupcake. Maybe it's big enough to share, but oh the indulgence.

{via}
Isn't this fun for any one, big or little? I love specialty shaped cakes, especially ones covered in M&Ms.

{via}
I love peacocks. Can you imagine being served this cupcake? I don't think I would be able to eat it, it's too pretty!


{via}
A little snap, crackle, and pop at your party! Who doesn't love a good Rice Krispy treat?

{via}
Is your groom a super fan? This groom was crazy about Spiderman and the bride added this little detail to her cake to represent him. I think most of us can agree that we haven't seen anything like this before, and it just drives home the fact that small details like this can make any of us smile! 
I feel like I am a broken record, but these unique details will make your party the best ever and so memorable to all your guests.

After writing this post I am, of course, craving cake and sweets of all kinds. I might also need to see someone about my obvious obsession with sweets. My ACC grilled chicken and vegetable lunch is going to be so yummy, but will pale in comparison to the daydreams I am currently having of frosting and candies.

No comments:

Post a Comment